DOVER POLICE BEAT: Ex-con Antonio Bynum charged with running his drug business with kids nearby exposed by his alleged armed robbery in a motel invasion
DOVER, DEL. – Many folks have home-based businesses and in Dover, an ex-con is now charged with having all of his tools in trade in his residence with two children nearby to do what children do when living with a drug dealer. In the case of Antonio Bynum, his side business of holding up customers of local no-tell motels was revealed during the investigation of a shooting at the Dover Motel in Dover.
Bynum was charged with the following offenses in the shooting incident at the Dover Inn and was committed to SCI on $432,000 cash bond:
- –Robbery 1st Degree
- -Attempted First Degree Robbery (3x)
- -Assault 1st Degree
- -Possession of Deadly Weapon During Commission of Felony
- -Home Invasion
- -Possession of Firearm by Person Prohibited
- -Aggravated Menacing (3x)
- -Reckless Endangering (3x)
- -Conspiracy 2nd Degree
The Delaware State Police Kent County Drug Unit with the assistance of the Delaware State Police Special Operations Team and the Dover Police Department concluded a two-month drug investigation which led to multiple charges against a Dover resident.
On Tuesday, October 16, 2018, a narcotics search warrant was executed in the unit block of Lambert Drive, Meadowbrook Acres community, in the matter of 23-year-old Antonio Bynum. Upon execution of the search warrant, Bynum was taken into custody without incident. Also present during this incident were two small children and a female who were contacted and released on scene.
Bynum also had an active warrant out of the Dover Police Department in regards to a shooting incident that occurred on October 15, 2018, within the city limits of Dover.
Subsequently, a search of the residence was conducted resulting in the following items being recovered:
- Approximately 2.5 grams of cocaine
- Approximately 0.32 grams of crack cocaine
- Approximately (8) 30 mg Oxycodone Hydrochloride pills
- .40 caliber handgun ammunition
- Over $900.00 in suspected drug proceeds
- Bynum was transported back to Troop 3 where he was charged with the following:
- Possession of a Firearm or Ammunition by a Person a Prohibited
- Possession with Intent to Deliver a Controlled Substance (3 counts)
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child (2 counts)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Bynum was arraigned before the Justice of the Peace Court 2 and committed the Sussex Correctional Institution on $423,000.00 cash only bond.