The Case of the Pampered Home Invader – THE CRAVEN Joseph Sullivan and St. Mary’s Sheriff Tim Cameron



Once upon a fall night dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,

Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore –

While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there was a pounding at my front door,

A crazed druggie was violently pounding at my front door,

“Tis some intruder,” I muttered, “pounding at my front door –

Only this and nothing more.”


Ah, distinctly I remember, it was in cool September;

And each shattering blow upon my porch sent a tremble upon the floor.

Eagerly I wished the intruder to vanish from my door –

Vainly I had sought him to go away, to leave my home and my family in peace, to leave,

From my porch and not inflict his nefarious intentions upon my children or break down my door,


And the silken, sad, uncertain rustling of each purple curtain

Terrified me—filled me with fantastic terrors never felt before;

So that now, to still the beating of my heart, I stood repeating

“’Tis some visitor entreating entrance at my front door—

Some late visitor entreating entrance at my chamber door;—

This it is and nothing more.”


Finally, I whipped open the door and entreated the rogue and vagabond intruder to depart,

The knife-wielding lunatic assailing my door respected only force and with threat of extinction, he finally lay upon my porch,

With my pistol pointed at him to end his dangerous and deadly attack upon my home and door;

I am awaiting the arrival of constables to restore peace and order once more, only this and nothing more.


Presently my soul grew stronger once the lawmen arrived; hesitating then no longer,

I asked the deputies if they were hauling the intruder who arrived in the dead of night off to jail,

The fact that my family was terror-stricken by the violent rage of the man at our door,

I sought the relief to know he would soon be behind bars, only this and nothing more.


The deputies didn’t calm me with their words, instead, they handcuffed me and grandpa for protecting my family,

As we lay on the ground and bound, they told me that the intruder might file charges against me for assault,

I was horrified to learn that instead of taking the armed intruder off to jail,

I might find charges of a crime sent to me in the mail.


Now when I open a window here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,

I fear Sheriff Cameron will soon arrive to inspect, search and seize my security cameras,

Armed with a warrant of the court, to further the case of our night intruder,

To charge me with assault for protecting my family, only this and nothing more.


Now I know that the criminal druggies of St. Mary’s hold the upper hand,

They will invade your home and peace with impunity,

Under the protection of the High Sheriff of the land,

It was only in my imagination that in stepped a stately Officer of the saintly days of yore;


Not the least excuse made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;

The portly Sheriff hides behind his throne room door –

Ready to protect and serve and put the chains on those who would assail my chamber door—

I am vigilant and waiting for another criminal to pound on my door and for the Sheriff to do nothing more.


This rotund keystone cop’s chief fed my sad fancy into smiling,

By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance he wore,

“Though thy Badge be shown and polished, thou,” I said, “art sure no craven,

Ghastly grim and ancient the Sheriff wandering from the Nightly shore—

Tell me what thy criminal’s name is on the Night’s Plutonian shore!”

Quoth the Sheriff, “Nevermore.”


But the Sheriff still beguiling all my friends into voting,

Convincing all those in the land that he and his merry men,

Are enforcing the law and protecting children asleep in their bed,

Really tell the junkies and criminals they have nothing to dread

– only a ride home and nothing more.


This I sat engaged in guessing, but no syllable expressing

To my lawyer whose fiery eyes now burned into the case’s core;

This and more I sat divining, with my head not at ease reclining

With the High Sheriff Cameron on the cushion’s velvet lining of his throne,


The Sheriff assures he now wants to look at more video, not happy with the evidence

From the night’s intruder, pounding, rapidly and repeatedly pounding at my front door,

The Sheriff now needs to find an excuse for his failure to keep THE CRAVEN Joseph Sullivan behind the jailhouse door,

Only this forever, and forever more terms in office, never leaving, always to be Sheriff for life.

Retire he was asked?

Quoth the Sheriff, “Nevermore.”

The Case of the Pampered Home Invader – The Craven

– The story of how an armed intruder was chauffeured by St. Mary’s Sheriff’s Deputies back to his creekfront lair where he keeps stolen property after he was held at gunpoint by the victim waiting for police to answer the call for help

THEFT: $100 TO UNDER $1,500 arrest warrant for drugs not pot. Joseph Franklin Sullivan, Dec. 22, 2023

NEW ARREST: On 12/22/2023, Joseph Franklin Sullivan, 28, of Leonardtown, MD, was arrested by Tpr Hersh for FTA: Possession of CDS: Not Cannabis

News Analysis, Poetry, and Commentary

By Kenneth C. Rossignol


HERMANVILLE, MD. – A junkie’s armed invasion attempt of a Hermanville home on Sept. 24, 2018, ended with Saint Mary’s County Sheriff’s deputies warning the victim that held the intruder at gunpoint while waiting for police to arrive, that he, the homeowner, could be charged with assault.

Instead of the St. Mary’s Sheriff deputies hauling the intruder to jail, the very man who was videoed attempting to break into the home, the convicted felon who is currently out on probation, the burglar who deals in cocaine when not putting his shoulder to a front door, simply told deputies he was strung out on Molly and hallucinating.

Apparently, that made the terror, fright, and turmoil that he inflicted on the family in the home all better. The deputies and their supervisor swallowed the outlaw pirate poacher of the Chesapeake’s fish story, hook, line, and sinker.

Accepting this explanation, the deputies drove the strung-out ex-con home to his residence on Smith Creek, the site where he stores stolen property.  Don’t blame this nightmare on nincompoop rookie deputies, as they took that action with the approval of their supervisor.

Pirate Poacher Joseph Franklin Sullivan St. Mary’s and Calvert Oyster Farm raid
St. Mary’s County Sheriff Tim Cameron. THE CHESAPEAKE TODAY photo

The deputies could have taken Joseph Franklin “Joey” Sullivan to the slammer – or the newly designated St. Mary’s County Detention and Rehabilitation Center (the St. Mary’s County Jail, which likely can’t point to anyone that they have ever “corrected” or “rehabilitated,” just “detained”).

The deputies, equipped with computers in their patrol vehicles, had immediate knowledge of whom they were dealing with and his extensive criminal record, as did the shift supervisor, but instead of booking him – they drove him home as if he were a legendary person of privilege – like a politician in the county being taken home by deputies after being stopped for drunk driving. Privilege has its advantages.

What happened on that night at about 9:45 pm is best described in the words of Katherine Stone, who related the events of the evening as described to her by her sons and husband when the peace and security of the home, nestled on a small cul-de-sac off of Poplar Ridge Road in the Hermanville area of St. Mary’s County, about a mile south of the Naval Air Warfare Center-Pax River NAS, just below Lexington Park, Md.

“I was on travel, so what I have been told by my family, my 13-year-old son heard of the intruder pounding at the door and ramming on the door, putting his shoulder against the door, he said people are chasing me, my son woke up my husband, and my husband said he could feel the house shake.

My husband got his unloaded rifle from the gun case; not sure which gun it was. My husband’s lawyer told my husband and me not to discuss the case with each other. My husband told him to get off the porch, and in the window, my husband and my two sons both told me this account.

Joey Sullivan is the man identified by police to us.

THE CHESAPEAKE TODAY Audible Edition Vol 11 No 2, perfect for commuters to keep up with crime news

Sullivan kept trying to force the door.  My husband went upstairs and got my handgun, asked him multiple times to leave, then forced him to get on the ground, he didn’t listen, he kept claiming he was being chased, my husband hit him with the gun, and then Sullivan began to comply with orders to get on the ground, my father-in-law ran across the street, and then the police were two doors down as Sullivan had tried to break into the neighbor’s house, the police then went after my husband and my father in law and forced them to get on the ground. My husband told my son to call 911 when my husband came downstairs for the first time.

When my husband and my father-in-law, who is 69 years old and a veteran, were held on the ground, they were both handcuffed. They remained handcuffed for about 15 minutes. They were not removed from the premises.

The police talked to Sullivan in the cul-de-sac and then drove him home. We thought he was being taken to jail, but we checked to find out if he was in jail and found out he wasn’t arrested. He said Sullivan wasn’t going to press charges against my husband. Two young deputies said Mr. Sullivan didn’t wish to press charges against my husband.

The deputies then came back to our home and inquired as to where Sullivan’s hat and knife were. The knife and hat were located underneath our bench on the front porch next to the front door. The deputies were standing there when my husband located the two items.

My husband asked if they were going to give his weapon to Sullivan and one of them replied that they were going to keep it in their patrol car.

The deputies said that Joey Sullivan was on Molly that night and hallucinating and the deputy repeated that statement the next day when he came back to our home.

The deputy came back to our home the next day due to our calling to find out why he wasn’t arrested and that we had a video of him walking up and down our front porch with his knife in his hand and holding it up next to his head. We wanted to point out the dents in our metal door to the deputy.

Deputy Westphal took photos of the dents in the front door. Dep. Westphal said that he and his accompanied deputy contacted their supervisor to find out what they could charge Sullivan with and was told there was nothing to charge him with, as he claimed that he was seeking safety from his associates who wanted to kill him.

The police told me that I could fill out charges myself but warned that Sullivan could press charges against my husband for assault.  The deputy recommended that I get a peace order and the temporary order was issued by Judge Robin Riddle and the six-month order was issued by Judge K. Christy Holt Chesser on Oct. 3, 2018.  Judge Riddle told me when I filed charges to redact our address. She seemed angry that I had to file charges myself instead of the police doing it.

Judge Chesser asked me if I had filed a complaint with the Sheriff’s Department for how we were treated. I filed a complaint by email with Sheriff Cameron on Sept. 28, 2018.  I got two emails back from Sheriff Cameron saying he was concerned as well and he was going to have Capt. Yingling pull the reports and the camera footage. He said Capt. Yingling was the responsible duty officer that gave the no arrest order to the on-scene deputies.

Capt. Yingling called me and said he told me there was nothing wrong with a man knocking on a door asking for help, and he was glad the police had not arrested my husband that night. 

Capt. Yingling called me and said he told me there was nothing wrong with a man knocking on a door asking for help and he was glad the police had not arrested my husband that night.  I told him that I could understand he wanted to protect his officers and my friends couldn’t believe what happened or that Sullivan wasn’t arrested.

Yingling said he was going to have an officer call before they came and would arrive to investigate further.

On Sunday night, Sept. 30, 2018, Cpl. Ruest arrived at 10:30 pm came knocking on the door, and my son thought it was the guy coming back to kill us and he was scared, and I told the officer I didn’t appreciate the late-night visit.

He said I am off the rest of the week and these are the hours I am available and you either talk to me now, or you don’t. I got my husband, and he went out to talk to Cpl. Ruest.

He said I am off the rest of the week and these are the hours I am available and you either talk to me now, or you don’t. I got my husband, and he went out to talk to Cpl. Ruest.


The deputy told me that he didn’t blame my husband but was here to take pictures of the door and to see the video, which I had already sent them. I heard him tell my husband that Sullivan said he wasn’t high or hallucinating, and he knew exactly why he was here. My husband said what are you talking about. My husband said he was through talking to him when he realized he was changing the original police report and was lying.

The next day I asked for a follow-up from Sheriff Cameron and Capt. Yingling and Captain Yingling could potentially face charges, and they would be required by law to serve a subpoena. That has not happened.

We first contacted Kevin McDevitt on Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018, and he said he couldn’t believe they would charge my husband or that we would need a lawyer, just keep him up to date, and we would forward emails we were receiving.

Another email came from Capt. Yingling on Oct. 2nd is when McDevitt said something is seriously wrong, and you need to come in and retain me as an attorney, and we did so the next day.

On Oct. 4, 2018, I retained a different attorney for me and our children with McDevitt now representing only my husband.

On Oct. 5th, my attorney, William Renahan, put the Sheriff’s Department on notice that he was representing me.  After they got the phone call me from my attorney, I got three back-to-back calls from Cpl. Ruest and we knew it was him as we later matched up his number with the number we had written down before that time but was not yet saved in my phone. When we turned onto our road on the way home, a deputy was waiting and followed us to our home and stopped to observe us turn into our drive, and the marked unit continued.

I contacted my lawyer, and Edward Voorhaar is a close friend of ours, he sent me a text message, and he got a call from Capt. Yingling, and he assures us we are not being charged.  Inadvertently, he added a message designed for Yingling but was visible to me that said: “I just sent that to both of them, brother.” They bypassed my lawyer and my husband’s lawyer to send us yet another message in violation of our attorney relationship.

The police have not contacted us again.”


“My lawyer contacted me and asked me to explain our video security system and said the police were considering getting a search warrant for our home to investigate our security system. He said he was trying to avoid the police obtaining a search warrant for our home. The police think there is another video system installed in our house.   I sent the video to the Sheriff’s Department the full video from the time Sullivan appeared to the time the police left.  The video is motion activated for a duration of 30 seconds,” said Katherine Stone.


Captain Yingling, refers to Cpl. Ruest being unable to contact the Stones –  from the email:

“Unfortunately, despite his best efforts to phone you/Mr. Stone and arrange a follow-up meeting with your husband, he did not get a return phone call.”

From Katherine Stone:

“Cpl. Ruest called me at 10 pm Sunday night, and that was his first and only attempt at contacting me before knocking on my door at 10:30 pm which is in the middle of the night not in the evening like you stated. After receiving his phone number, we discovered that he tried to call my husband Friday evening but never left a message. We do not answer calls from random numbers with all the scams currently going on and especially do not call them back when no message is left.  Also, you stated that he would be in contact with me, not my husband.”

From Capt. Yingling:

“Cpl. Ruest is looking forward to interviewing your children, of course with parental supervision in the near future.”

From Katherine Stone:

I would be happy to bring my children in before their bedtime to be interviewed with me present. I do not want your officers at my home upsetting them anymore.

The entire home video of the incident would also be necessary.” – (from Capt. Yingling Email)

I do not know what you are referencing, there is no video of the entire incident as you state, nor have I ever insinuated that.

Here are some of my other questions/concerns: Why didn’t the officers respond to my son’s 911 call?  Were officers not dispatched to the home that had the active emergency?  Why didn’t the 911 operator get our address from my terrified son?  Why didn’t they stay on the phone with him to ensure his safety? Were your officers ever going to come to my home?  At what point can I have the reports that have been filed?

Thank you,

Katherine Stone

The response of St. Mary’s Sheriff Tim Cameron and Patrol Commander Capt. David Yingling is clear from the trail of emails between Katherine Stone and the law officers in their own words.

Officially, Sheriff Cameron responds to requests for information about an incident that may embarrass his department traditionally is that the matter is under investigation and/or he is prohibited by law from discussing investigations about his personnel.

When incidents are favorable to the public image of Sheriff Cameron, he puts on a full-court press conference, roping in TV stations who arrive with breathless reporters who fawn over each word as Sheriff Cameron puffs out his ample girth and gives profound statements about the Opioid Crisis.

In this case, Cameron’s comments are few, guarded and he retreats behind his patrol commander to try to find a way for the agency to slide out from under what gives every appearance of failing to protect the public and pandering to a druggie criminal that is well-connected to a social network of friends and family in the St. Inigoes area of St. Mary’s County.


Mrs. Stone

I was hoping Cpl. Ruest’s follow-up investigation would have been done by this morning.  Unfortunately, despite his best efforts to phone you/Mr. Stone and arrange a follow-up meeting with your husband he did not get a return phone call.  When he stopped by the house last evening, you were obviously concerned by the hour.  That is understandable.  I was glad your husband was able to be interviewed further and was very helpful in putting the event in context, absent the adrenaline of the night of the incident.  Cpl. Ruest is looking forward to interviewing your children, of course, with parental supervision in the near future.

I watched the video of your husband’s interview and heard Cpl. Ruest tells your husband based on the circumstances, he had “no problem” with your husband’s actions given the circumstances.  The Sheriff’s Office has no intention of filing charges against Mr. Stone.  That does not preclude Mr. Sullivan from filing his own charges, which we would have to serve and would be litigated in court.   I believe that is what the officers were trying to convey, not our intention to pursue charges.

Obviously, for a successful prosecution of the person you filed charges against, complete statements from all witnesses and victims are necessary.  The entire home video of the incident would also be necessary.  I don’t believe the State’s Attorney’s Office would prosecute without the entire video file, not just the portion of the file where was pacing on your front porch, since that did not show a burglary.  As you are aware, the State has a very high burden to prove someone guilty of the charged crimes.

The peace order against Sullivan was served, and your hearing in District Court is scheduled on Wednesday.  Charges have been issued by the court, and he has a preliminary hearing sometime in November.  The trial would be sometime early in the new year.  It is important we complete the interviews with your children and get a complete copy of the video as soon as possible to move forward.

I understand this was a traumatic incident for you and your family.  We do have an obligation to conduct an unbiased investigation into this matter.  That includes the possibility that Sullivan was running from someone, looking for help.  I’m glad no one was seriously injured, and the officers who responded, regardless of your other thoughts on this case used tremendous restraint and judgment while unexpectedly confronting an armed subject (your husband), pointing a gun at another person.

I look forward to speaking with you soon about the completed investigation.  I believe Cpl. Ruest told you he will be out of the office for a few days but will be in touch soon.

Please call me at 240-298-5010 should you want to talk further before Cpl Ruest is done his case. I apologize for not calling earlier in the day but have been working since this morning and time has gotten away from me.

Best Regards

Dave Yingling

From: “Stone, Katherine” < >

Date: 10/1/18 5:25 PM (GMT-05:00)To David Yingling <>, Tim Cameron <>

Subject: RE: Concerns

Good evening,

I was just reaching out again because it was stated that I would hear from you today regarding a follow-up on what is being done about my concerns.  It has been a week that my family has been suffering and seeking justice, a week of my children having difficulty sleeping, a week of us waiting for the police to act and provide my family with some sort of understanding as to why nothing has been done, why we are not deserving of the concern of the police department.  My husband and I are both upstanding citizens with security clearances, we have volunteered at our local soup kitchen to give back to our community, I have started support groups for individuals with a rare connective tissue disease and I am part of professional organizations within our community. We are good people who have fallen victim to a crime, and we have been made to feel insignificant by your department and that protecting our family was a criminal offense.  We have been told multiple times this past week that my husband could be charged for protecting his family and his home from a man who was trying to force his way into our home.  I truly hope that these remarks from your department were provided only because of a misunderstanding by the individuals that made them.  I truly hope that my concern is still being addressed.

I look forward to resolving the issue soon so we can give my family some peace which all victims of crime deserve.


Katherine Stone


The most recent commitment in jail for Joseph Franklin Sullivan was on Feb. 20, 2018, after he had been found guilty of violating his probation from his conviction of Theft under $10,000; catching, destroying, transferring Oysters on Aquaculture Land in a plea deal with St. Mary’s States Attorney Richard Fritz on April 21, 2016. Sullivan was fined $1,000 and sentenced to jail for one year on Feb. 12, 2018.  Charges of participating in a theft scheme between $10,000 and $100,000, altering and destroying markers, shellfish equipment, and structures were all dropped as part of the plea deal with Fritz. Dealing with Fritz is the taxpayer-provided free attorney Sean Moran of the public defender’s office. The fine was ordered to be paid through parole and probation however, he was in violation of appearing for six months.

The charge of “escape” was leveled against Sullivan on Dec. 27, 2017, when he failed to appear in Drug Court and/or return from work release – a status granted to him that allowed him the freedom to pursue his chosen occupations of oyster burglar and drug dealer.

On Feb. 12, 2018, Sullivan entered into a plea deal with States Attorney Richard Fritz and pleaded guilty to “escape” and was sentenced to a mere 180 days in jail – long enough to make him appreciate the benefits of living at Sheriff Tim Cameron’s newly designated “St. Mary’s Detention and Rehabilitation Center”, otherwise known as the St. Mary’s Jail – and perhaps staffed by the White Rabbit who serves tea to criminals and junkies to help them turn their lives around.

On May 29, 2018, court records show that the free attorney for Sullivan filed a motion for Reconsideration of his sentence, and the cryptic online court records show only that an “Order” was filed on June 25, 2018. The six-month sentence for Sullivan for the “escape” charge should have lasted until Aug. 12, 2018. If indeed Sullivan served the full sentence, it didn’t take him long to return to the haunts of bars and back porch drug dens of St. Mary’s to once again hook up with his low-life brethren. It was that return to a drug-fueled crime that led him to the front porch of the Stone family in Lexington Park. Apparently, Sullivan didn’t get the message from Ass. Sheriff Mike Merican and Cameron about the benefits of the “Rehabilitation Center” of the former Hotel St. Mary’s.

Joseph Franklin Sullivan, 20, of 17117 Jutland Drive, St. Inigoes, Md., who, in an earlier arrest, had so much cocaine he knew not what to do, and so cops say, he stuffed some in his shoe.

Sullivan lives in the waterfront home at the Jutland Drive address, deeded in the name of his late father and his grandmother, and is located on Smith Creek.  Land records show that the tax bill for the property is sent to his deceased father and grandmother, in care of Joseph Franklin Sullivan. If Sullivan was indeed fleeing his drug associates when he attempted to break into the Stone residence on Sept. 24, 2018, it is highly likely his criminal associates know where he lives, making him available to them to exact whatever revenge their business dealings might find amenable.

The location of Sullivan’s residence is ideal for one of St. Mary’s County’s infamous River Rats, who, for decades, have operated with impunity breaking into homes and stealing from sheds and vehicles while making their escape by boat, silently paddling away in the dark of night while cops scratch their heads and file reports.

That sneaker cocaine incident took place when cops raided his drug dealer’s residence in 2015; Sullivan was charged with the theft of oysters from a private aquaculture site off the Potomac River late last year. Sullivan was served on Jan. 15, 2016, at the St. Mary’s County Detention Center, where he was being held pending trial on theft, drug and escape charges.

Police reported that six members of the Maryland Natural Resources Police dive team searched a stretch of Smith Creek and a pier in front of Sullivan’s home on Jutland Drive, on Smith Creek, and recovered oysters, oyster shell and seed bags of the type used in aquaculture operations.

This action of a criminal nabbed while he was ripping off an oyster farmer, was the first time the Natural Resources Police pursued an aquaculture case under criminal, rather than natural resources, law.

The thefts occurred from a shellfish lease in Calvert Bay. The lease started in 2012, is farmed by J.D. Blackwell of 38-Degree North Oysters. On Nov. 24, 2015, Blackwell reported that eight cages were emptied of between 20 and 40 bushels of oysters. On Dec. 8, John Anthony Carbone of the Point Lookout Oyster Co., who also works on the lease, reported the theft of additional oysters from the area.

In a plea deal with St. Mary’s States Attorney Richard Fritz, Sullivan pleaded guilty on April 21, 2016, and was given a year in jail with credit given of 99 days served while awaiting trial; serve 17 months and probation for 5 years. Court records also show that: “JAIL Years: 10 THE DEFENDANT IS ELIBIBLE FOR PAROLE. SuspMonths: 7 SuspYears: 8 UnSuspMonths: 5 UnSuspYears: 1 (Note the online court records in St. Mary’s County are cryptic and generally difficult to decipher for the public or anyone attempting to hold the public officials and courts accountable for the administration of the legal system. The excessive use of abbreviations known only to the minions of the Alice In Wonderland Maryland court system serves only to block access to public records by the very people who own those records – the public.) Court records reflect that Sullivan was committed to jail on April 25, 2016. On Aug. 31, 2017, Sullivan was cited for violation of his probation which led to court hearings and him being sent back to jail on Feb. 12, 2018.

The ”Drug Court” in Leonardtown was blessed by the appearance of Joey Sullivan each month, from January of 2017 to September of 2017 when he once again was charged with violation of his probation. It should be heartwarming to the citizenry to know that the “Drug Court” is dealing so well with the committed druggie culture of St. Mary’s County.

Who are Sullivan’s Drug Underworld Associates?

Joseph Sullivan and pals.

Sullivan was arrested along with three others in 2015, including Javon Lyzel Dickens of 22841 Dement Lane, California, Md. St. Mary’s States Attorney Richard Fritz procured indictments from the Grand Jury against Dickens on Nov. 15, 2015, for distribution and possession of cocaine. Fritz later made a plea deal with Dickens on March 4, 2016, where Fritz dropped the distribution charge and Dickens agreed to not make the prosecution have to go to the trouble of putting on a trial when he pleaded guilty to possession of cocaine. THE DEAL: a sentence of four years in the Maryland state prison with all but six months suspended and served in the local country-club jail in Leonardtown.

Charged once again with the distribution of cocaine and possession of cocaine, Dickens hired the President of the Maryland Senate, Sen. Mike Miller (D. Calvert, PG) as his attorney. Sen. Miller worked a plea deal with St. Mary’s States Attorney Richard Fritz on behalf of his client on Jan. 30, 2018 with the result being that the drug dealing charge was dropped and Dickens pleaded guilty to possession of cocaine and put on probation for two years, no fine and no time. All it takes to hire Sen. Miller as a criminal defense attorney is money, and he is a fine lawyer.

With the Gunslinger Lawyer, as Kevin McDevitt is known, and William Renahan, a fearless Barrister, now representing the victims of this attempted home invasion, the Sheriff and his lawyers just might want to fold their cards rather than hold them.

The hapless taxpayers have paid out so much over the years for the antics of the Sheriff’s Department, the county might as well throw out the Good Old Boy politics of the Sheriff and implement a professional police department.

The site where six Natural Resources Police divers found an extensive network of oyster floats and equipment stolen by Joseph F. Sullivan and placed at his pier on Jutland Creek. Sullivan won the distinction of being the first Outlaw Oyster Poacher of the Chesapeake to burglarize a commercial oyster farm and utilize the stolen oysters to start his own oyster business, a sideline of course, to other criminal enterprises.

One Reply to “The Case of the Pampered Home Invader – THE CRAVEN Joseph Sullivan and St. Mary’s Sheriff Tim Cameron”

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.