MURDER USA: Convicted burglar Jesse Stanford Jr. went from prison to shot dead in under three years


MURDER USA: Convicted burglar Jesse Stanford Jr. went from prison to shot dead in under three years

DOVER, DEL.– The Delaware State Police identified the victim who was murdered in the home invasion at Kentwood Mobile Home Park on Jan. 5, 2019, as 30-year-old Jesse Stanford Jr. of Cambridge, MD.

 The Delaware State Police are investigating a report of a home invasion in which one individual was shot on January 5, 2019, at approximately 5:57 p.m.

Troopers were dispatched to the 200 block of Kentwood Drive, Kentwood Mobile Home Park for a report of a home invasion and shooting.  Upon arrival, it was discovered that a 30-year-old male had sustained a gunshot wound to his upper torso.

Further investigation revealed that two unknown suspects had entered the residence.  Upon the victim being shot, both suspects fled the scene.  There were two other adult individuals in the residence during this incident.  Both individuals were not injured.

Jesse Wayne Stanford Jr., of 719 Cornish Drive, Cambridge, Md., was transported to a local area hospital in serious condition where he later died.

The suspects fled the residence without obtaining any property.

Stanford evidently lived by the sword and died by the bullet as he was convicted of fourth degree burglary and second-degree assault in Dorchester County Circuit Court in Maryland on Jan. 29, 2013. Charged with second-degree rape as well, he was found not guilty. For the assault charge, Stanford was sentenced on April 1, 2013, (April Fools Day) to ten years in prison with five years suspended.  On Feb. 5, 2018 a warrant was issued for his arrest for violation of the terms of his probation. On Jan. 1, 2019, a probation report was filed with the court as he had violated his probation again on Dec. 27, 2018.

Jesse W. Stanford, of 719 Cornish Drive, was taken into custody Friday, May 18, 2012, and charged with first- and second-degree rape; first- and second-degree sex offense; second-degree assault; first-, third- and fourth-degree burglary, and fourth-degree burglary/use of burglary tools.



Es-con Jesse Stanford leaves behind his child support payments for the taxpayers after his murder during a home invasion in a mobile home park in Dover, Del. Two suspects fled after the fatal shooting.

Stanford’s arrest stemmed from an incident reported to have occurred on April 26. Police said detectives were dispatched to Easton Memorial Hospital where they met with a woman who stated that between 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. April 26, she was in bed when she was awakened by Stanford who was in bed with her and attempting to force himself upon her. Police said the victim further stated that it was at this point that Stanford raped her. After a three-week investigation, detectives obtained an arrest warrant for Stanford’s arrest which resulted in the trial noted above, on April 1, 2013.

A Cambridge police detective was called April 26, 2012, to Memorial Hospital at Easton to speak with a young woman alleging that she was raped by Stanford, according to charging documents. The woman told police that she had found Stanford, who had been a friend of a friend, in her home in Cambridge that morning, sometime between 7 and 9. She told officers she was asleep, having been up until 4 a.m., and groggy when she was awakened by the sound of a computer in the house, which Stanford had been using.

The woman told police Stanford asked her not to tell her friend that he was in the home. According to charging documents, the woman told police that Stanford “used a credit card to get into the house.”

Still trying to get some sleep, the woman told police that Stanford then got into bed with her. She asked, “What are you doing?” Stanford allegedly told her, “I thought you were (the friend).”

When she told him to get out of her bed, Stanford complied, the woman said, and began talking about his failed relationship. She woke up again when he climbed on top of her, according to charging documents.

When the woman got out of her bed and told Stanford to leave, according to charging documents, he allegedly raped her. According to charging documents, Stanford then left the house, telling the woman she was “a real nice girl,” and later sending her several text messages by phone.

After Stanford left, the woman called her friend and told her of the incident, crying often during the conversation, according to the friend’s account to police the following day, as recounted in charging documents.

Stanford’s mother then visited the woman, according to charging documents. The woman told police she was acquainted with Stanford’s mother. When the woman told Stanford’s mother that he had raped her, according to charging documents, the mother drove the woman to Walgreen’s drugstore in Cambridge for the Plan B Pill, also known as “the morning after” pill, because it prevents conception following unprotected sex.

The woman was then taken to Stanford’s mother’s home, where, according to charging documents, she was instructed to take a bath. The woman told police she just pretended to take a bath, “splashing the water around,” while inside the bathroom alone.

As Stanford was also a local rooster, he had been tagged by the court for child support to be withheld from any income he earned, which will now go uncollected.

Taxpayers will now be picking up the tab for the results of his romance with Ashely Velez of Preston, Md., who successfully proved paternity against Stanford for two children and won a child support order from on Jan. 23, 2015 in Caroline County Circuit Court.

One Reply to “MURDER USA: Convicted burglar Jesse Stanford Jr. went from prison to shot dead in under three years”

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.