Southern Md. Police Beat: Anthony Barnes got the Donut, Now He’ll Get the Hole


Southern Md. Police Beat: Anthony Barnes got the Donut, Now He’ll Get the Hole

LEXINGTON PARK, MD. – Police say that a local bandito decided to march into the Donut Connection on Feb. 16, 2019, and wearing a fur-lined hooded jacket and armed with a gun, held up the clerk in the store before escaping with the loot.

Anthony Martise Barnes charged with armed robbery of Donut Connection in Lexington Park Md. on Feb. 16, 2019

St. Mary’s Sheriff Tim Cameron reports that Anthony Martise Barnes, 38, of Lexington Park, Md., has been arrested on Feb. 19, 2019, and charged with armed robbery and now he’ll find life in the hole without donuts, to be his fate.

Barnes, say police, is now in the Hotel St. Mary’s as he had no address of his own prior to his stickup of the donut shop.

Barnes is charged with the armed connection with the Donut Connection at 21801 North Shangri La Drive in Lexington Park, Md.

Lexington Park Cops unit patrols for crime on the mean streets of Sin City. St. Mary’s Sheriff Tim Cameron at top right. THE CHESAPEAKE TODAY photo

After the holdup, the bandit was described by police as a Black male with short black hair, scruffy facial hair in a beard and goatee, a black hooded jacket with fur lining on the edge of the hood, blue jeans, and gray sneakers. Barnes was a fair fit for that description, as evidence by his photo.

Anyone with any information on the suspect should contact Detective Cpl. Melissa Hulse at 301-475-4200 ext. *1996 or email  


After a hearing on Feb. 19, 2019, for bail, Barnes was ordered held at the St. Mary’s Jail without bond.

Barnes formerly lived on Pleasant Drive in Lexington Park, Md., when he was charged by St. Mary’s Sheriff Deputy Clay Safford on Jan. 11, 2016 with disorderly conduct and assault. In St. Mary’s District Court on March 5, 2016. In a plea deal on March 22, 2016, Barnes pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and a charge of assault was dropped, leaving him with an outcome of two days in jail.

COPS at work on Great Mills Road in Lexington Park, Md. THE CHESAPEAKE TODAY photo

When arrested for setting a fire to a structure, Barnes was charged on Sept. 28, 2004, by St. Mary’s Deputy Keith Moritz and Deputy Price with felony first degree arson, attempting to burn property and felony malicious burning.  In a plea deal on Jan. 31, 2005, in St. Mary’s Circuit Court with St. Mary’s States Attorney Richard Fritz, Barnes entered a guilty plea to attempting to burn property. THE DEAL: The two felony charges were dropped by Fritz and Barnes ended up in jail for six months.

The arson charge was reported as follows in 2004: Sheriff’s Office Deputy Sgt. Daniel D. Alioto located Anthony Martise Barnes and arrested him an on outstanding warrant. The warrant was for arson related to a joint investigation between the Sheriff’s Office and the State Fire Marshall. Deputies Donald Price and Keith D. Moritz responded to the reported house fire with occupants inside.

The residence was on fire in the rear deck area and was put out by Deputy Donald Price. He was transported by Ambulance to St. Mary’s Hospital and was treated and released for smoke inhalation. Deputy Fire Marshall Charles Dammon‘s investigation concluded that the fire was started by newly purchased gasoline being poured on the deck area and ignited. The arson followed threats of arson during a domestic dispute. No one else was injured.

One Reply to “Southern Md. Police Beat: Anthony Barnes got the Donut, Now He’ll Get the Hole”

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.