DWI HIT PARADE: Maryland State Police Leonardtown Barrack reports DUI arrests for July 17, 2019
The following people were arrested for Driving under the Influence:
• Shanon Kay Lee, 22, of 20871 Autumn Mill Court, Great Mills, Md., was arrested by Tpr. Rachel Kaszubski on July 11, 2019, at 11:01 pm as she blew a red light on Rt. 235 and Rt. 237 while operating a 2008 Toyota.
• Danielle Elaine Gilbert, 26, of 13420 Olivet Road, Lusby, Md., was arrested by Tpr. Rachel Kaszubski on July 12, 2019, at 1:56 am while operating a 2005 GMC pickup on Rt. 235 at Rt. 237.
Gilbert was charged with criminal counts of possession of drugs other than marijuana (heroin, crack cocaine, meth etc.) by Maryland Trooper N. Rucker on June 6, 2019 and has a trial date set for Aug. 21, 2019 in Calvert County District Court with attorney Ted LeBlanc set to defend her.
NOT HIS FIRST RODEO IN THE DWI SWEEPSTAKES!
• William Brandon Ball, 33, of 42230 Breton Bay Farm Road, Leonardtown, Md., was arrested by Tpr. Joseph Azzari on July 12, 2019, as he failed to stop for a traffic signal at Rt. 5 and Rt. 249 in Callaway, Md., at 6:05 pm while operating a 2012 Ford Focus. Charges included DWI while so far impaired by drugs and or alcohol that he could not drive safely.
Ball entered a guilty plea to DWI when he was arrested by Maryland Trooper F. Dolinger on July 29, 2005, while operating a 2002 Ford at Md. Rt. 5 and Rt. 4 in Leonardtown. In a plea deal with St. Mary’s States Attorney Richard Fritz, Ball was given a verdict of Probation Before Judgement. THE DEAL: Zero days in jail and a fine of $150.00 with all of the fine suspended.
• Lerrell Eric Carey, 31 of 46378 Pegg Lane, Lexington Park, Md., was arrested by Maryland State Trooper Derek Harper on July 13, 2019, was also charged with possession of drugs other than marijuana (heroin, meth, cocaine etc.) The arrest for DWI and drugs took place as Carey operated a 2007 Lincoln on Rt. 235 at East Rennell Ave. in Lexington Park, Md., at the magic bar closing hour of 2:02 am. A court date has been set for Aug. 15, 2019 giving Carey enough time to hire the ‘Gunslinger Lawyer’ Kevin McDevitt or suffer with a free-taxpayer provided attorney from the Public Defender’s Office, as he was decorated with a slew of other traffic charges including driving while suspended – all of which will likely send him to the Hotel St. Mary’s for a long vacation.
Lerrell Eric Carey was indicted by a St. Mary’s County Grand Jury for felony possession with the intent to sell drugs on April 10, 2017, following an investigation by St. Mary’s Sheriff Narco Squad Detectives David Potter, Shawn Moses, Anthony Whipkey, and James Bare, a jury trial was scheduled in St. Mary’s Circuit Court for Aug. 31, 2017. The trial was canceled when a plea deal was made with St. Mary’s States Attorney Richard Fritz on Aug. 25, 2017. THE DEAL: Carey entered a guilty plea to a lesser charge of possession of heroin or cocaine and the drug dealing charge was dropped. Carey was sentenced to one year in jail and the sentenced was suspended. Two years of probation was ordered which now is likely violated if anyone in the States Attorneys Office bothers to notice the current arrest.
Drug Dealer Doesn’t Bother with Driver’s Permit; Gets New DWI
• John Francis Stewart, 61, (DOB 09/02/1957) of 21262 Joe Baker Court 8D, Lexington Park, Md., was arrested by Tfc Christopher DiToto on July 14, 2019 at 1:48 am as he operated a 2005 Mercury westbound on Great Mills Road near Lexwood Court. Citations in this DWI event included driving while suspended.
John Francis Stewart entered a guilty plea to driving while suspended on May 14, 2014, and was sentenced to 180 days in jail in a plea bargain with St. Mary’s States Attorney Richard Fritz. THE DEAL: 150 days of the sentence were suspended with ZERO fine.
John Francis Stewart was indicted by the Grand Jury of St. Mary’s County on Feb. 1, 2012 following an investigation by St. Mary’s Sheriff Detectives Phil Joseph, Timothy Snyder and David Potter. In a plea deal on June 7, 2012, in Circuit Court for felony drug possession with the intent to distribute, Stewart entered a guilty plea. THE DEAL: States Attorney Richard Fritz agreed to a jail sentence of one year with all but two months and three days suspended, credit for 64 days already served in the slammer while awaiting trial and two years of probation.
• Nathan Tyrell Galloway, 34, (DOB 12/25/1984) of 1806 Dania Drive, Fort Washington, Md., was arrested by Tfc Christopher DiToto on July 16, 2019 at 2:01 am (the magic hour of bar closings) while operating a 2014 Dodge Charger southbound on Rt. 235 north of Hermanville, Md.
• Anthony Deron Byrd, 39, (DOB 01/1980) of 2877 Cameo Place, Bryans Road, Md., was arrested by Tpr. Derek Harper on July 16, 2019, at 2:38 am as he operated a 2010 Chevy Malibu on Md. Rt. 5 at Old Village Road.
• Joshua Henry Harris, 32, (DOB 11/25/1986) of 12613 Red Fox Lane, Lusby, Md., was arrested by Tfc Jason Mulhearn for possession of drugs and paraphernalia in addition to DWI on July 16, 2019
• Jamal Keith Wharton, 26 of Capitol Heights, MD was arrested by Tpr. E. Ruggles on July 17, 2019, at 11:24 pm as he operated a Ford on Md. Rt. 5 at College Circle.
The following people were arrested for Open Warrants:
• On 7/16/2019, Tyshee Shareece Harrod, 29 of Lusby, MD was arrested by Tfc M. Johnson for Fail to Return Rented Vehicle and Unlawful Taking of Motor Vehicle
• On 7/15/2019, John Arthur Duckett, 41 of Lexington Park, MD was arrested by TFC M. Johnson for TFA-Driving without Required License
• On 7/15/2019, Rashea Morina Lawing, 37, of Lexington Park, MD was arrested by Tpr C. Shubert for FTA-Driving while Suspended
• On 7/12/2019, Joseph Swann, 38 of Waldorf, MD was arrested by Tpr D. Harper for Violation of Probation-Second Degree Assault
• On 7/15/2019, Joseph Lloyd Welch, 46 of Charlotte Hall, MD was arrested by Tfc A. Opirhory for Theft Less than $100
• On 7/16/2019, Krista Ann Richardson, 20, (DOB 05/21/1999) of 2106 Brookstone Ridge, College Park, Ga., and of 47443 Southampton Drive, Lexington Park, Md., was arrested by Tfc M. Johnson for FTA-Driving while Suspended.
Richardson was arrested by Maryland Trooper J. Harrod on Dec. 3, 2018, at 2:33 am for driving while suspended while operating a 2011 Mercury southbound on Md. Rt. 4 north of Dares Beach Road and has a trial date of Aug. 16, 2019 in Calvert District Court. Even though Richardson failed to appear for trial on Jan. 25, 2019 and a bench warrant was issued for her arrest, a District Court Commissioner saw fit to release her on her personal recognizance on July 16, 2019.
Richardson entered a guilty plea on Dec. 4, 2018, in St. Mary’s District Court in a plea deal with States Attorney Richard Fritz. THE DEAL: a verdict of Probation Before Judgement with five days in jail and all five days suspended.