DWI HIT PARADE: Wheeling and dealing by States Attorney Richard Fritz keeps DUI drivers on the road instead of in jail
The Maryland State Police report the following people were arrested for Driving under the Influence:
• Sergio De Jesus Flores Trujillo, 22, (DOB 02/08/1997) of 21421 Prather Drive, Lexington Park, Md., was arrested on Jan. 16, 2020 at 11:32 pm by Tfc K. Bauer as he conducted his alleged booze cruise on Md. Rt. 235 north of Airport View Road in Hollywood, Md. A court date in Leonardtown District Court has been set of Feb. 20, 2020.
Taxpayers will be delighted to know that they would be footing the bill for a free attorney for Trujillo, however, he declined in order to book a better deal with an experienced attorney. A. Shane Mattingly, the Chairman of the Democratic Party in St. Mary’s County was the attorney for Trujillo when he was busted for DWI on Feb. 24, 2018, at 1:58 am by Maryland Trooper Brandy Ditoto as he piloted an old Saturn on Md. Rt. 237 at Clipper Drive.
Mattingly maintains a close relationship with St. Mary’s States Attorney Richard Fritz in order to arrange politically bipartisan plea deals – though Mattingly lost the election against Fritz in 2014. On April 19, 2018, Mattingly worked a plea deal with Fritz for Trujillo. THE DEAL: Trujillo entered a guilty plea to DWI and got a verdict of Probation Before Judgement with 30 days in jail ALL of which was suspended as the once more the public was ill-served by the big talking prosecutor who routinely allows DUI drivers to simply skate out of court without any accountability. No fine and two years of unsupervised probation were part of the deal.
• Samuel Robert Simmons, 37, (DOB 09/23/1982) of 17661 Lawrence Street, St. Inigoes, Md., was arrested by Tfc A. Opirhory on Jan. 19, 2020 for DWI at 1:35 am. Simmons was operating a 2014 Chevy Traverse southbound on Rt. 235 at Immaculate Heart of Mary which also is the site of a large cemetery which is a final resting place for DUI drivers who kill themselves and could have made room for Simmons.
• Joseph Robert Tagert, 35, (DOB 08/02/1984) if 26680 Forest Way, Mechanicsville, Md., was arrest for DWI on Jan. 19, 2020 by Maryland State Trooper Posch at 2:54 am as he operated a 2017 Toyota southbound on Md. Rt. 5 at Braxton Way. Tagert is represented by Andrew Alpert of Bowie with a court date set for Feb. 21, 2020.
DWI HIT PARADE: Annapolis Barrack DUI Arrests Thru Nov. 4, 2019
This isn’t Tagert’s first rodeo as he entered a guilty plea to DWI on Nov. 9, 2006. In spite of the abilities of Barrister Alpert to arrange plea deals and to make prosecutors cower and hide under the table, the prior DWI offense might send him to jail. On May 26, 2006, Tagert was arrested by Maryland Trooper Jason Ramey as he operated a 1993 Honda westbound on U.S. Rt. 50 west of Hall Road. IN a plea deal with the Worcester County States Attorney, Tagert was given sixty days in jail, all of which was suspended and a fine of $400. Salisbury attorney Charles Anderson represented Tagert.
Restaurant owner was halfway to home and just a quarter-mile away from Holy Face cemetery when she was arrested for DWI
Denise Ann Canter, 59 (DOB 09/26/1960) of 19118 Point Lookout Road, Lexington Park, MD was arrested by Tfc M. Manning on Jan. 19, 2020 at 8:22 pm as she soared down Rt. 5 at Soaring Eagle Way in her 2005 Ford Truck. The owner of Smokey Joe’s BBQ in Leonardtown took a chance at killing her customers in her alleged booze cruise. Fortunately, she was not injured in a crash and will continue to serve great BBQ to her customers. Canter will appear in District Court on April 16, 2020.
Denise Ann Canter was arrested for DWI at the entrance to King’s Christian Academy which is just up the road from the Holy Face cemetery and about halfway between her Smokey Joe’s BBQ and her home located further down on Rt. 5 at Park Hall.
Police report that the following people were arrested for Open Warrants:
• On 1/17/2020, Demetrius Wendell Dickens, 27 of Tall Timbers, MD was arrested by Tpr E. Ruggles on 3 counts of Failing to Pay Fine
• On 1/18/2020, Nelson Titus Roland, 27 of Great Mills, MD was arrested by Tpr J. Azzari for Driving on Suspended License
• On 1/18/2020, Davione Shyeme Mason, 19 of Lexington Park, MD was arrested by Tfc M. Manning for Driving without Required License
• On 1/20/2020, Margaret Shirlayne Barber, 26 of Hollywood, MD was arrested by Tpr J. Azzari for FTA-Driving on Suspended License
• On 1/20/2020, Tinasha Janay Bush, 22 of Lexington Park, MD was arrested by Tpr R. Kaszubski on 2 counts of Driving without Required License
• On 1/21/2020, Candy Maine Carroll, 57 of Park Hall, MD was arrested by M/Tpr E. Evans for Driving on Suspended License
• On 1/21/2020, Christopher Lamont Carter Jr., 23 of Mechanicsville, MD was arrested by M/Tpr E. Evans for Driving without Required License
• On 1/21/2020, Mandy Lee Dean, 37 of California, MD was arrested by Tpr J. Azzari for Driving on Suspended License
• On 1/21/2020, James Earl Howell Jr., 27 of Huntsville, AL was arrested by Tfc A. Opirhory for FTA/Driving without Required License