Rehoboth Beach- The Delaware State Police have arrested 18-year-old Jaimin L. Didomenicis after a crash led to the discovery of drugs.
The incident occurred on March 17, 2020, at approximately 8:03 p.m., when Troopers were dispatched to Country Club Road, Rehoboth Beach, in the area of Jungle Jim’s, for a report of a single-vehicle crash into a pole. Upon arrival, Troopers made contact with the driver Jaimin Didomenicis, when impairment was observed and a DUI investigation ensued. As the Trooper proceeded to obtain Didomenicis’s driver’s license, a zip-loc bag containing marijuana was observed in plain view.
A further search of the vehicle was conducted, subsequently leading to the discovery of more marijuana and drug paraphernalia. A total of approximately 213.49 grams of marijuana was recovered.
Didomenicis was transported to the Beebe Medical Center where he was treated and released with minor injuries.
Upon release, Didomenicis was transported back to Troop 7 where he was charged with the following:
- Possession With Intent To Deliver a Controlled Substance (Felony)
- Possession of Controlled Substance Tier 1 Quantity (Felony)
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Driving a Vehicle Under the Influence of Illicit or Recreational Drugs
- Failure to Have Insurance Identification in Possession
- Drive in Proper Lane and Direction
Didomenicis was arraigned before the Justice of the Peace Court and committed to the Sussex Correctional Institution on $13202.00 secured bond.