Governor Larry Hogan Announces Judicial Appointment
Fills Vacancy on Court of Special Appeals
ANNAPOLIS, MD— Maryland Governor Larry Hogan on Oct. 1, 2020, announced the appointment of Terrence Mark Ranko Zic to the Court of Special Appeals. The governor made the appointment after interviewing nominees submitted by the Appellate Courts Judicial Nominating Commission.
“The appointment of qualified individuals to serve across our state’s justice system is paramount to upholding our responsibilities to the people of Maryland and the rule of law,” said Governor Hogan. “I have confidence that Terrence Zic will continue to be a strong advocate for the law and will serve the citizens of the State of Maryland admirably.”
Terrence Zic is an equity partner at Whiteford Taylor & Preston LLP, with a focus on product liability and commercial litigation. Before joining Whiteford Taylor, Zic was a shareholder with LeClairRyan, where he had a complex civil litigation practice and a broad local civil litigation practice. He served as a clerk for the Honorable Robert C. Murphy, Chief Judge, Court of Appeals from 1989-1990.
He obtained his Bachelor of Arts from Loyola College and his Juris Doctor from Georgetown University Law Center.
Biography from Zic’s law firm website
Mr. Zic is a well-known practitioner in Montgomery County and has chaired its Trial Courts Nominating Commission. He focuses his practice on products liability and commercial litigation. Mr. Zic is a national and local representative of pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in product liability litigation involving a wide range of products. He also represents other product manufacturers in product liability claims and automobile dealers in consumer protection act, fraud, breach of warranty, fraudulent title and breach of contract actions.
In addition, Mr. Zic was recently appointed by Governor Larry Hogan of Maryland, as the Chair of the Montgomery County Trial Courts Judicial Nominating Commission.
- AV Preeminent®: Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
MEMBERSHIPS & ACTIVITIES
- Chair: Montgomery County Trial Courts Judicial Nominating Commission, appointed by Governor Hogan
- Member: International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Member: Maryland State Bar Association
- Member: Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Member: Defense Research Institute
- Member: Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland
- Member: Maryland Bar Foundation
- Member: Montgomery County, Maryland Inn of Court
- Member: American Bar Association