CAPITOL RIOT: It’s not nice to lie to a G-Man; Buffalo Bozo Thomas Sibick ripped badge from DC Officer and buried it in his backyard like a mangy dog with an old bone

Mob beat and tased DC Cop Fanone grabbed his radio and badge and tried to seize his gun

On January 6, 2021, Metropolitan Police Department (“MPD”) Officer M.F. responded to a radio call for assistance at the U.S. Capitol. Officer M.F. was in full MPD uniform and equipped with a body-worn camera. Officer M.F. responded to the west front of the U.S. Capitol and became involved with other officers in the effort to push back rioters from the doorway to the U.S. Capitol at the lower west terrace. While Officer M.F. was defending the doorway, a rioter pulled Officer M.F. into the crowd, where members of the crowd beat, tased, and robbed Officer M.F. of his MPD badge (#3603), police radio, and MPD-issued 17-round magazine, while also trying to forcibly remove his service weapon from its fixed holster.

The radio was securely attached to Officer M.F.’s tactical vest, and the badge was pinned to the vest. As a rioter attempted to get Officer M.F.’s gun, Officer M.F. heard him yell words to the effect that he was going to take Officer M.F.’s gun and kill him. Following the assault, Officer M.F. lost consciousness and was hospitalized for his
injuries, including a likely concussion and injuries from the taser. Officer M.F. was admitted to
the hospital for monitoring of his cardiac activity.


Officer M.F.’s tactical vest contained a hole where the badge had been forcibly ripped out.
Figures 1 through 3 below depict the condition of Officer M.F.’s tactical vest after the assault.
Figure 2 shows the compartment where Officer M.F.’s police radio was securely attached to his
vest when it was ripped off. Figure 3 depicts the hole caused by the badge being forcibly ripped
off. Figure 4 depicts the back of a new badge that was issued to Fanone since his badge was stolen.
The vertical pin used to attach the badge, which was designed the same way in Fanone’s stolen
badge, matches the tear in the officer’s tactical vest.

Sibick noted this was the highlight of his life. Maybe he’ll be able to have a copy on his prison cell wall for the next ten years.

On January 21, 2021, FBI agents in Buffalo, NY, interviewed WITNESS 1 regarding potential information related to the events at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021. WITNESS 1 reported that Thomas Sibick (“SIBICK”) posted a video of the riot to his Instagram account.
WITNESS 1 provided the video, which shows footage of SIBICK using his cell phone to record himself on the inauguration ceremony stage of the lower west terrace where he screams, “Just got tear-gassed, but we’re going, baby, we’re going! We’re pushing forward now!” Figures 9 and 10 are still images from the video.


A review of surveillance footage from January 6, 2021, showed that around 3:08 p.m., an individual who appears to be SIBICK moved to the mouth of the tunnel on the lower west terrace that led inside the Capitol building. At that time, a group of U.S. Capitol Police (“USCP”) and MPD officers had formed a police line at that entrance to the Capitol to prevent the mob from entering the building through that entrance. Figure 12 shows SIBICK at the mouth of the tunnel
with other individuals in the mob; he is facing the direction of the police line, which was located immediately in front of the doors to the Capitol building at that time. SIBICK then entered inside the tunnel, as shown in Figure 13. He moved forward to the police line until he was no longer visible on camera. Around 3:11 p.m., SIBICK turned around and moved outside the tunnel, as shown in Figure 14.


Agents conducted an initial interview of SIBICK on January 27, 2021. SIBICK acknowledged being in Washington, D.C. at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021. SIBICK stated that while he was at the Capitol, he saw a D.C. Metro Police Officer being pulled down the steps and hit with what SIBICK described as a “flagpole.” SIBICK also reported seeing at least two other individuals beating the D.C. Metro Police Officer and attempting to get his gun, but were unable to do so because of the “plastic piece on top of the holster.” SIBICK heard someone say, “Get his gun and kill him.” SIBICK stated that he attempted to reach the officer to pull him away but was unable to get to him and at that point he feared for his life and that of the officer. SIBICK further stated that due to the violence, he decided to leave. When shown the photograph of SIBICK holding the riot shield, SIBICK said that the shield had been passed through the crowd and SIBICK asked a man next to him to take his picture with it. SIBICK further explained that a man in a tactical vest asked SIBICK if he was going to “use” the shield, to which SIBICK replied, “No.”

On February 2, 2021, SIBICK contacted one of the agents who had previously interviewed him and stated that he had been thinking about the individuals that assaulted the police officer and that he was going to email the agent with more information. When asked if he had anything different to add to his previous interview, SIBICK replied, “No.” When asked if the details he described in his prior interview were accurate and honest, SIBICK replied, “Yes.” The agent asked
SIBICK if he had participated or was involved in any way in the assault of the D.C. police officer, and SIBICK replied, “No” and reiterated that he had tried to pull the officer away but was unsuccessful.

On February 23, 2021, the agents re-interviewed SIBICK after law enforcement observed an individual consistent with SIBICK’s appearance on Officer M.F.’s body-worn camera. The agents showed SIBICK still shots from Officer M.F.’s body-worn camera. SIBICK admitted to grabbing the officer’s badge and radio. SIBICK stated that he had reached in to try to help the officer, and that he remembered the badge coming off as he reached for him. SIBICK said that he
pressed the “emergency orange button” once he had possession of the radio to get help for the officer.

SIBICK also stated that he dropped the badge and radio and left. When asked if he saw anyone pick up the radio and badge, SIBICK said that he carried the radio and badge with him when he left and dropped them in a trash can on Constitution Avenue. SIBICK stated that he thought about giving the items to an officer but was afraid of being arrested. Later in the interview,

SIBICK stated that he needed to “recant” his statement and that he actually brought the items to his hotel room and then back to his home in Buffalo, NY. SIBICK stated that the day after he returned to Buffalo, he was planning to turn the items in to the FBI. However, he was afraid of being arrested and instead threw them in a dumpster on North Street in Buffalo. SIBICK later clarified that it was a dumpster located on the back alleyway of the Lenox Hotel at 140 North
On February 25, 2021, an agent sent SIBICK a ruse email stating that the security cameras at the Lenox Hotel were going to be checked to confirm SIBICK’s statement that he disposed of the badge and radio in the dumpster. On February 26, 2021, SIBICK called the agent stating that


18 U.S.C. § 1752(a)(1) – Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without
Lawful Authority,
40 U.S.C. § 5104(e)(2) – Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds,
18 U.S.C. § 231(a)(3) – Obstruction of Law Enforcement During Civil Disorder,
18 U.S.C. § 111(a)(1) – Assaulting, Resisting, or Impeding Certain Officers,
18 U.S.C. § 2111 – Taking from a Person Anything of Value by Force and Violence or by Intimidation
Within Special Maritime and Territorial Jurisdiction.

  • DC Police seek ID of the balcony jumper and fellow rioter in House of Representatives chamber on Jan. 6, 2021
  • Bull Shark from Potomac in 2010 Buzzs Marina

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.