MURDER USA: Lister Killed His Mother and His Sister
BURKE, VA. – Fairfax County Police report that the accused killer they have been searching for over the last week was arrested in Baltimore, Md.
The 33-year-old man is in custody and awaiting extradition at the Baltimore Central Booking Intake Facility for allegedly slaying Susan Lister, 67, and Amber Currie, 41, both of Burke.
Bradley Lister, 33, is facing two counts of second-degree murder and two counts of use of a weapon in the commission of a felony.
Detectives from the Fairfax Police Major Crimes Bureau determined Bradley Lister killed his mother and sister in the home where they all resided at 6111 Eagle Landing Road.
Officers discovered the victims on the morning of August 20, 2021, following a request from a family member who was concerned about the women.
Detectives immediately sought Bradley Lister for questioning, but he could not be found or contacted.
Bradley Lister was located on August 23, 2021, by the U.S. Marshals Service at a hospital in Baltimore and was taken into custody for charges unrelated to the homicides.
Detectives responded to the Baltimore City Police Department Headquarters to interview Lister and determined he shot both victims on August 17.
Following the murder, Lister fled to Baltimore City. Detectives believe Lister removed multiple firearms from the home. Lister will remain in custody at the Baltimore City Jail until he is extradited back to Fairfax County.
Detectives from the Fairfax Organized Crime and Intelligence Bureau coordinate with the Baltimore City Police Department for follow-up investigations related to firearms.
Detectives ask anyone with information about this crime to please call our Major Crimes Bureau at 703-246-7800, option 3. Tips can also be submitted anonymously through Crime Solvers by phone – 1-866-411-TIPS (866-411-8477), by text – Type “FCCS” plus tip to 847411, and by web – Click HERE. Download our Mobile tip411 App “Fairfax Co Crime Solvers.” Anonymous tipsters are eligible for cash rewards of $100 to 1,000 dollars if their information leads to an arrest.
This crime is being investigated as the 16th and 17th homicide year to date in Fairfax County. Detectives have made 12 arrests related to the 17 homicides, with one outstanding warrant for Terrence Butler.
Background of Bradley Logan Lister (DOB 9/9/1987)
- Traffic charges of operating an unsafe vehicle on October 23, 2018, in Fairfax County District Court found guilty and fined $250.00.
- Felony charges of Fugitive from Justice were filed on August 28, 2017, in Loudoun District Court.
- Bradley Lister was found guilty in Loudoun County Circuit Court of felony possession of a gun with drugs on his person. He was sentenced to two years in prison to run consecutively with another sentence, with the sentence suspended and probation for three years.
- Lister entered a guilty plea in Loudoun Circuit Court of DWI on August 25, 2017, fined $500, and sentenced to jail for one year with the sentence suspended and probation for three years.
- Maryland State Police Trooper Yu charged Lister on April 21, 2021, on the Washington Beltway with driving while impaired by drugs, reckless driving and changing lanes when unsafe, and multiple traffic violations including knowingly driving an uninsured vehicle.