FAKE UNITED STATES DEPUTY MARSHAL BUSTED – Will he lose his gig guarding PG County restaurant or can he get work release?


Waldorf Man Indicted Federally for Impersonating a Deputy U.S. Marshal and for Being a Felon in Possession of a Firearm

GREENBELT, MD. – A federal grand jury has returned an indictment charging Antione William Tuckson, 37, of 11005 McIntosh Court, Waldorf, Maryland, for federal charges of false impersonation of an officer and employee of the United States and for being a felon in possession of a firearm.  The indictment was returned on May 12, 2022, and unsealed upon his arrest on May 20, 2022.

 A federal criminal complaint was filed on May 19, 2022, charging co-conspirator Nijea Nicole Rich, 40, of Baltimore, Maryland with impersonating a federal officer and conspiracy to impersonate a federal officer.  Rich was also arrested on May 20, 2022.

Tuckson and Rich had their initial appearances late on May 20, 2022, in U.S. District Court in Greenbelt.  U.S. Magistrate Judge Timothy J. Sullivan ordered that Tuckson be detained pending trial, and ordered that Rich be released under the supervision of U.S. Pretrial Services.

The indictment and criminal complaint were announced by United States Attorney for the District of Maryland Erek L. Barron; U.S. Marshal Johnny Hughes; Postal Inspector in Charge Greg L. Torbenson of the U.S. Postal Inspection Service – Washington Division; and Chief Malik Aziz of the Prince George’s County Police Department.

The pair were arrested in Prince Georges County on March 6, 2022, and charged in Prince Georges District Court on several charges of illegal possession of a registered firearm, carrying a handgun, wearing a loaded gun, impersonating a police officer, and lying to a police officer.  The Maryland charges are pending in Circuit Court and usually are dropped after federal charges are placed or upon conviction.

Prior charges against Tuckson in 2005 in Prince Georges Circuit Court resulted in a plea deal and later violations of the terms of his probation.

According to the two-count indictment, the affidavit filed in support of the criminal complaint and other court documents, Tuckson and Rich purported to be and identified themselves as a Deputy United States Marshal.  The indictment alleges that Tuckson illegally possessed a 9mm caliber semi-automatic pistol.

According to court documents and information presented to the Court at the initial appearance and detention hearing, Tuckson allegedly has a history of impersonating law enforcement officers and since December 2020, Tuckson has allegedly used the registered trademark “USMS Special Services,” along with police-style vehicles equipped with red and blue flashing lights, weapons, a fake identification card and badge, and other law enforcement gear to pose as a Deputy United States Marshal.

As detailed in court documents, on March 6, 2022, while working as an armed security guard with a canine companion at a restaurant in Prince George’s County, Maryland, Tuckson allegedly attempted to detain two patrons who had disputed their bill.  Court documents allege that Tuckson then falsely held himself out as a Deputy United States Marshal to Prince George’s County Police Department (“PGPD”) officers in an attempt to justify his unlawful possession of a firearm.  When confronted by PGPD officers as to Tuckson’s status as a federal officer, Tuckson allegedly had Rich pose as his supervisor within the United States Marshals Service in communications with PGPD.  Police arrested Tuckson and recovered a loaded 9mm firearm from Tuckson’s hip during the search incident to his arrest.

A photo of what prosecutors said appears to be one of the vehicles registered to “USMS Special Services” and the “bite dog” prosecutors said Tuckson used in the March restaurant incident. (Court documents)

According to the affidavit filed in support of the criminal complaint, shortly after Tuckson was arrested, Rich, wearing police-style clothing, arrived on the scene and claimed to Prince George’s County Police officers that the canine was her emotional support animal and was also a patrol dog owned by Tuckson.  Rich was wearing tan tactical pants, was armed with a handgun, and carried two sets of handcuffs, a radio, and what appeared to be an expandable baton.  At one point, Rich allegedly stated to the officers, “You locked up a U.S. Marshal?”  Officers contacted the Prince George’s County Animal Services Division (“ASD”), who took custody of the canine.

Early the next morning, Rich allegedly identified herself as a U.S. Marshal and displayed an identification card that said U.S. Marshal to an ASD employee, who was unloading the canine from a van.  Rich allegedly told the ASD employee that the man arrested was a U.S. Marshal and that the dog was a working dog and belonged to the Marshals Service.  According to the affidavit, Rich arrived in a black sedan that looked like a police vehicle and was wearing a black Kevlar vest.  The ASD employee released the dog to Rich.

As detailed in the affidavit and other court documents, U.S. Marshals Service personnel searched its databases and found no record that Tuckson or Rich are or ever were U.S. Marshals or employees of the U.S. Marshals Service.

Law enforcement executed a search of Tuckson’s home on May 20, 2022, and recovered firearms, including an AR-style rifle and a pistol-grip pump-action shotgun.

If convicted, Tuckson and Rich each face a maximum sentence of three years in federal prison for impersonating a Deputy U.S. Marshal, and Rich faces a maximum of five years in federal prison for the conspiracy.  Tuckson also faces a maximum of 10 years in federal prison for being a felon in possession of a firearm.  Actual sentences for federal crimes are typically less than the maximum penalties. A federal district court judge will determine any sentence after taking into account the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.

United States Attorney Erek L. Barron commended the U.S. Marshals Service, the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, and the Prince George’s County Police Department for their work in the investigation.  Mr. Barron thanked Assistant U.S. Attorney Timothy F. Hagan, and Special Assistant U.S. Attorney Peter L. Cooch, who are prosecuting the federal case.



Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.