CROOK SHOT: Tyler Sater charged with multiple crimes in St. Mary’s carjacking spree; convicted twice in last two years in Baltimore and Anne Arundel but still free to wreak havoc as Maryland’s prosecutors flub and fail to protect public at every turn


Tyler Sater charged with multiple crimes in St. Mary’s carjacking spree; convicted twice in last two years in Baltimore and Anne Arundel but still free to wreak havoc as Maryland’s prosecutors flub and fail to protect the public at every turn


St. Mary’s County’s Convict Sheriff Steve Hall reports that the suspect who went on a crime spree involving carjackings, armed robbery, attempted animal cruelty, and other mayhem in the California, Maryland area has been identified as Tyler Ray Marini Sater, 20, (DOB 1/8/2002) of Stoney Beach, Anne Arundel County.


Plea deal from Baltimore City States Attorney Marilyn Mosby

Sater, who has a long criminal record and lived at 39429 Summit Hill Drive in Mechanicsville, Maryland in 2021 when he was convicted of car theft and burglary, remains hospitalized in stable condition. Sater entered a guilty plea to second-degree burglary and car theft in Baltimore City Circuit Court and since the Alice In Wonderland Maryland Judiciary was in full Covid Bloom Insanity, the plea deal with Baltimore City States Attorney Marilyn Mosby, who is pending criminal charges in Federal Court herself, agreed on April 1, 2022, to a sentence of eight years in prison with seven years and 27 days suspended and three years of supervised probation.

Anne Colt Leitess, State’s Attorney for Anne Arundel County, Maryland

Plea deal from Anne Arundel County Prosecutor Anne Colt Leitess

On April 30, 2021, Sater, living at 1215 Riverside Drive in Curtis Bay, in Anne Arundel County, was convicted of theft in Anne Arundel County Circuit Court and sentenced to five years in prison with all but 18 months suspended. Sater was ordered to pay $4,000 in restitution, and a warrant for violating his probation was issued by a Judge on December 12, 2022.

Plea deal from Baltimore Prosecutor Scott Shellenberger

Baltimore County States Attorney Scott Shellenberger

Baltimore County States Attorney Schellenberger allowed Tyler Sater to go free as a bird after he entered a guilty plea to two Baltimore County Circuit Court Grand Jury felony indictments for second-degree burglary. The plea deal reached in Circuit Court on April 2, 2021, called for a prison term of 15 years and the States Attorney and the Judge allowed the entire sentence to be suspended. Tyler Sater was living at 4100 W Citation Street in Leonardtown, Maryland at the time of the indictment, according to court records.

Baby Face Nelson Sater was living in an upscale area of Leonardtown; who was he living with on W. Citation Drive? The court records show an address that doesn’t exist. Could he have been staying at a residence where the owner has enough juice to influence District Court clerks to fudge court records? His Facebook page Sater shows he had been away at rehab, and a friend who stayed at an address on W. Citation was involved with an investigation by the ATF.
Only The Shadow knows!

The idea of protecting the public from this dirtbag evidently went out the window years ago, as Sater was on probation when he pulled out a knife and stole a vehicle from a victim at the Wawa at the intersection of Rt. 4 and Rt. 235. The victim tracked down Sater to the Sleep Inn and told the cops where to find him by using his My iPhone App to locate the purloined vehicle.

 When police arrived, Sater fled across Rt. 235 to the parking lot of the Outback Steakhouse, where police say he tried to carjack two other vehicles before being confronted by deputies and a K9 dog. Deputies deployed the K9 and taser to no available and when threatened by Sater with a knife, shot him.

Criminal charges have been filed against Sater for the following:

  • Armed Robbery; Robbery;
  • Attempted Armed Carjacking;
  • Attempted Carjacking;
  • Unlawful Taking of a Motor Vehicle;
  • two counts of Attempted Unlawful Taking of a Motor Vehicle;
  • First-Degree Assault; Second-Degree Assault;
  • Attempted Harming of a Law
  • Enforcement Animal;
  • Attempted Animal Cruelty;
  • three counts of Rogue and Vagabond;
  • Malicious Destruction of Property More than $1,000;
  • Theft: $1,500 to under $25,000
  • and Attempted Theft: Less than $100.

Sgt. Timothy Wesner, a 10-year veteran of the agency, was identified as the deputy who fired his weapon, striking the suspect twice. Per policy, Sgt. Wesner remains on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation.


While the St. Mary’s Sheriff’s Department hasn’t yet identified the suspect who tried to commit or did commit several felonies in his criminal rampage, they have updated with this information:

On December 19, 2022, at 9:32 p.m., deputies responded to the California Wawa
located in the 23100 block of Three Notch Road in California for the reported stolen
vehicle. Deputies located the stolen vehicle minutes later at the Sleep Inn on Rt. 235.

The deputies found the individual matching the description of the dirtbag, who then fled on foot toward the Wildewood shopping center. Deputies pursued the suspect, who was armed with a knife. Deputies attempted less lethal means by tasing the suspect multiple times with no positive effect, as well as utilizing a Sheriff’s Office K-9.

Neither taser nor K-9 teeth slowed down dirtbag

The suspect attempted to carjack an occupied vehicle at a restaurant, but the victim
fled. The suspect continued to flee through the shopping center and entered a separate
vehicle that was running and was shot by a deputy who fired three rounds from their
service weapon. Deputies initiated first aid immediately to the suspect, who was
subsequently flown to an area trauma center for treatment and remains in critical
condition. No injuries to deputies have been reported. The suspect is an adult white
male and has yet to be positively identified.

ST. MARY’S CONVICT SHERIFF STEVE HALL reports a suspect who allegedly stole a vehicle has been shot. Police say that the suspect was shot by a St. Mary’s Sheriff’s deputy during the process of tracking down the alleged culprit.

After deputies arrived at the Wawa located at the intersection of Rt. 235 and Rt. 4 in California, Md, the victim used a tracker on their cell phone and relayed the vehicle’s description and location to police, who quickly found the stolen vehicle near the Taphouse and Sleep Inn across from the Wildewood Shopping Center.

At that point, police say that the suspect fled on foot with deputies in hot pursuit. Police say that during the foot chase, the man revealed he was armed with a knife and since bringing a knife to a gunfight is never a great idea, the alleged felonious fugitive who had purloined the vehicle was shot after the use of a taser proved to be disappointing.

Find-my iPhone-app used by the victim to find the stolen vehicle and relay the info to deputies.

The scene was conveniently close to the station at St. Mary’s Airport, where the Maryland State Police have their Trooper Seven located. The medevac helicopter was pressed into service for the transport of the alleged felon to a trauma center, giving him a ride a few thousand feet higher than the one he allegedly was involved in with the stolen vehicle.

Maryland State Police Trooper Seven THE CHESAPEAKE TODAY photo

St. Mary’s Sheriff Public Information Officer Cpl. Julie Yingling reports that none of the deputies were injured in the criminal’s apprehension. The Maryland State Attorney Generals’ Independent Investigation team was informed about the drama that took place at about 9:32 pm on December 19, 2022. The Independent Investigations Division generally only takes on fatal police shootings, indicating that things aren’t going well for the alleged perpetrator.

  • Bull Shark from Potomac in 2010 Buzzs Marina

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.