FATALITIES MOUNT Speed, booze, and rotten driving; Alex Dize killed by suspended driver Braeden Bloodsworth in Marion crash into trees

MARION, Md. – Maryland State Police are investigating a high-speed crash that claimed the life of a twenty-year-old man from Somerset County.

The deceased is identified by police as Alexander Steve Dize, 20, of Princess Anne. Dize was flown by Maryland State Police medevac to Tidal Health in Salisbury, where he was later pronounced deceased by hospital personnel. Dize was the front seat passenger in a 2013 Dodge Challenger.

According to his Facebook page, Dize graduated from Washington Academy and High School in Princess Anne, Maryland, in 2022, worked as a welder, and lived in Fruitland, Maryland, until his death.


The driver is identified as Braeden Lane Bloodsworth, 19 (DOB 9/21/2004) of 24916 Deal Island Road, Deal Island, Maryland.  Bloodsworth was flown by Maryland State Police medevac to the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore.

At approximately 7 p.m. on May 13, 2024, troopers from the Maryland State Police Princess Anne Barrack responded to a single-vehicle crash in the 27,000 block of Crisfield-Marion Road in Marion.  The vehicle appeared to have left the roadway and hit a stand of trees, turning onto its side. Investigators believe speed may have been a contributing circumstance.

Killer driver was charged with doing 90 mph on Rt. 13


Maryland Court records show that Bloodsworth was charged with several traffic violations in Somerset and Worcester Counties, which resulted in his driver’s permit being suspended. On March 7, 2024,


Bloodsworth entered a guilty plea to driving while his license was suspended in Somerset County District Court before Judge Paula Price.


Judge Price, honoring a plea deal with the Somerset County State’s Attorney Wessman Garner, approved no jail time and unsupervised probation for eighteen months, which didn’t in the least bit affect Bloodsworth as police say he was driving a Dodge Challenger when he flew into a stand of trees and killed Dize.

The Somerset County Sheriff’s Department and the Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration assisted the Maryland State Police at the scene. The Maryland State Police Crash team is leading the investigation.

Funeral services were held on May 18, 2024.


Pocomoke – Alexander Steven Dize, 20, passed away on Monday, May 13, 2024, at TidalHealth Peninsula Regional Hospital.

He graduated from Washington High School, where he played soccer, and attended Somerset County Vo-Tech. Alex was employed as a welder with RAW Welding. As a child, he played football and baseball and loved everything outdoors.

Alex is survived by his parents, Bethany (West) Busic and her husband Robert of Pocomoke, Md, and Steven Dize of Princess Anne, MD, brothers Shane and Trevor Howard of Pocomoke, MD, stepbrother Logan Howard, stepsister Kaitlynn Mills, maternal grandparents, Mark and Ruth West of Princess Anne, MD, uncles Andrew and Eric West, and Roger (Belinda) Dize, Aunt Bonnie (Joe) Barnes. Alex was especially close to his great-aunt Delores Outten and her husband Gerald of Salisbury, MD.

Wrong-Way Driver Nailed Family From New York, Leaving Couple Dead and Baby Cricital, Who Then Died

May 19, 2024

SALISBURY, MD – Maryland State Police are investigating a fatal multi-vehicle crash that occurred on May 19, 2024, in Wicomico County. 

Shortly before 2:50 a.m., troopers from the Maryland State Police Salisbury Barrack responded to a report of a head-on crash on southbound US Route 13, south of St. Luke’s Road in Wicomico County. According to a preliminary investigation, the driver of a 2013 Dodge Durango, driven by Jay Richard Bynum, 59, of Seaford, Delaware, was traveling north in southbound lanes of Route 13 when he crashed into a 2016 Subaru Impreza. 

The driver of the Subaru, Dean Alexander Dennison, 21, and a passenger, Sierra Rain Merchant, 20, both of New York, were declared deceased at the scene. A third victim in the Subaru, identified as Grayson A. Dennison, 1, of New York, was transported to TidalHealth Peninsula Regional Hospital, where he was later declared deceased. Bynum was flown by Maryland State Police helicopter to the R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore for treatment of his injuries.  

The Maryland State Police Crash Team is leading the investigation. The Wicomico County State’s Attorney’s Office has been consulted, and charges are pending in this case. 

  • Sock it to Her
  • DC adds a new Meatwagon

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.