The following photo caption appeared in ST. MARY’S TODAY with this photo on June 7, 1994.
TRACTOR-TRAILER DRIVER ARRESTED ON DRUGS; RIG CONFISCATED
Trooper Don Harrison, right, with the driver of a tractor-trailer, Timothy A. Ridgell, 36, of St. Inigoes after observing the rig being operated recklessly. Several thousand in drugs, scales, glassine pouches and foil were found in his cab. His load of shrimp bound for New Jersey was later searched by police. ST. MARY’S TODAY photo
When charges disappear from official records with no prosecution or conviction there are several reasons for that mysterious outcome. No charges involving drug dealing on the part of Timothy A. Ridgell, of St. Inigoes are posted on Maryland court records.
- The evidence was lost, the witnesses disappear, or the police officers fail to appear in court.
- The accused works with investigators from the police agency and or the DEA to snitch on higher-ups in the drug distribution chain in return for all charges dropped.
- Favoritism is shown to the accused due to the standing of that person in the community and the influence wielded in politics and the Good Old Boys club.
LEADER OF ST. MARY’S COUNTY COCAINE DISTRIBUTION RING BRIAN BUSH SENTENCED TO OVER 14 YEARS IN PRISON
Southern Md Police Beat: Famous Drug Dealer’s Son Brian Bush Jr. Ran Into The Bushes And Then Ran Back Into Handcuffs
Southern Md. Police Beat / Cavalcade of newly charged alleged heroin, cocaine dealers and Dirtbags of St. Mary’s County
Southern Md. Police Beat / THE SLEEPING PILL-HEAD DRUG DEALER of HUGHESVILLE & the Mysean Chronicles with Nasty Crack in Crack
Charles Sheriff Police Beat / Drug Dealer & Ex-Con Kavon Dorsey’s business hours erupted in gunfire and room at the jail after flatfoots tracked him in the snow
Southern Md. Police Beat / Armed robbery by drug dealers staged in area of million-dollar waterfront homes; pistol-whipped druggie customer
Southern Md. Police Beat: TEN YEAR SENTENCE /Cops say drug dealer suspect “Big Man” kept good records of his sales; also has a record of leniency by prosecutors
MURDER USA Drug dealer Robert Tywaughn Branson shot dead by his pal Brian Pierce in Labor Day festivities
Brian Douglas Pierce was found guilty of second-degree murder in Charles County Circuit Court on Sept. 24, 2018, and sentenced to 30 years in prison.
HEROIN HIGHWAY TO HELL: St. Mary’s County Drug Dealer Matthew Lusby Sentenced to 10 Years in Federal Prison for Distributing Fentanyl Resulting in a Victim’s Death
MURDER USA: A blade works just as well as a gun on Great Mills Road; cops seek serial burglar Charles H. Thompson Jr. in the stabbing of drug dealer Zachary Sawyer
- Judge sends cocaine chef Mario ‘Unda’ Wair to slammer for 15 years (24.7)
- Feds: Cocaine Kingpin Keith Pyndell sent to Federal prison for 15 years (24.6)
- “Twizzy” goes to the Big House – Portsmouth Man Sentenced to 35 Years in Prison for Heroin and Crack Distribution (21.6)
- MURDER USA Member of Cherry Hill Group ‘Little Spelman’ Sentenced to 12 Years in Prison for Drug Distribution Conspiracy in Up Da Hill Gang Saga (18.9)
One Reply to “Crime & Drugs: drug arrests in Southern Maryland – outcomes, and accountability; what happened to the SHRIMP EXPRESS?”