MURDER USA Britain Gill no longer at Liberty after being shot dead; cops seek info on suspect
LEXINGTON PARK, MD. – The deadly streets of LP City, often the scene of drug dealing in liquor store parking lots, video-taped brawls at Nicolet Park, murder at Great Mills high school, hookers soliciting customers in traffic on Great Mills Road and armed robbery sprees – has now added another murder to the Navy town’s bloody record.
St. Mary’s Sheriff Tim Cameron, making a bid in 2018 for yet another term as St. Mary’s Sheriff, reported that the man shot dead on April 18, 2018, is a St. Mary’s County resident – Britain Jeremy Gill, 29, of St. Inigoes, Md.
Police say that Gill and an unidentified suspect had a confrontation which ended with Gill being blasted into the afterlife by a shotgun.
Gill was located in the 21000 block of Liberty Street at approximately 5:44 p.m. when found by deputies from the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Department.
Gill did not succumb to the blast on the spot but was rushed to St. Mary’s Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Detective Scott Ruest at (301) 475-4200 extension * 2297, or by email at Scott.Ruest@stmarysmd.com. Citizens may remain anonymous and contact Crime Solvers at (301) 475-3333, or text a tip to “TIP239” plus their message to “CRIMES” (274637). Through the Crime Solvers Program tipsters are eligible for an award of up to $1,000 for information about a crime in St. Mary’s County that leads to an arrest or indictment.
Gill was charged by St. Mary’s Deputy Margaret Smolarsky on Sept. 19, 2014, with failing to show up for his jail time and with Leonardtown attorney Kevin J. McDevitt as his attorney, pleaded guilty to the charge on Dec. 16, 2014. He was given a verdict of Probation Before Judgement and sentenced to 10 days in jail and given credit for time served of nine days he had been in the St. Mary’s County Jail pending trial.
Gill was stationed at Pax River NAS for several years and was pursued for paternity and child support by Chanel Lashawn Chase, of Great Mills, Md., in 2013 with Gill ordered by the Circuit Court to have his income diverted in part to pay her.
- Southern Maryland Police Beat: Maurice Jones charged with dealing pot; DUI drivers nabbed include Victoria Perkins (34.8)
- Southern Md. Police Beat: Andrea M. McCamey got her new “Okay to smoke Pot in Maryland” Civil Citation pass from State Trooper (34.1)
- Southern Md. Police Beat: News flash for all Pot Heads! Smoke dope while driving and you will get busted! (33.9)
- Southern Md. Police Beat: SMIB OF THE YEAR! Ann Chilastri and juvenile both busted in DUI stop for driving while drugged (33.9)
- SHOOTING AT GREAT MILLS HIGH SCHOOL- UPDATE – Family: Jaelynn Willey is brain-dead, will take off life support.; Two Dead, One Wounded, shooter engaged by School Resource Officer Blaine Gaskill -THE HERO OF GREAT MILLS HIGH (35.2)
- Montgomery high school seniors will get later start; more time for milking cows, feeding chickens, watching video games (23.4)
- Southern Md. Police Beat / Cops snag Great Mills High teacher who teaches students how to use technology in careers for paying for sex with internet hooker (23.3)
- Bozos manage to shut down Great Mills with prank gunplay calls; cops release audio of Bozo’s 911 call (23.2)
- Fat Gal Wants to Smell Better! Lookout fires pepper spray at store clerk (22.9)
- Anne Arundel Police Beat: phony bill didn’t fool hotel clerk so Antron Trimitrius Bulow just robbed him (22.1)
- Murder USA: Bashunn Phillips makes the big time with murder rap for him and little brother (19.5)
- Two charged with assault and theft as they pepper-sprayed store employees in CD heist (19.1)
- BALTIMORE POLICE BEAT / Baltimore Police press conference on release of body camera video that shows threat to the children from suspect armed with knife (32.3)
- MURDER USA / Security guard shot dead while on the job protecting city resident’s homes; Baltimore Wanna-Be Gangstas Blasted in Foot and Derriere (31)
- MURDER USA: Baltimore City Police shooting and murder scorecard; HOMICIDE a day keeps the undertaker in pay (27.6)
- Baltimore City Police Beat / Home Invader Sent to Hell by Armed Resident (27.2)
- Murder USA: Double Dose of Death (32.3)
- Murder USA: Deadly days and nights in Temple Hills; drugs really are a violent crime, if you count murder as violence in Pretty Gory County (21.1)
- Murder USA: Another day, another murder in Pretty Gory County; Cops nab DAPPER RAPPER CAPPER! (20.9)
- Murder USA: Davonn Fogg shot to death at Metro Station; may have been drug informant (20)
- Murder USA: Wanted for Attempted Murder Joseph Clay fired gun at Prince Georges Officer during foot chase (21.6)
- MURDER USA: PG cops nail ex-con Demetrice Littles for robbery and attempted murder of ice cream truck driver (18.8)
- Murder USA: Devante Marcus King shot dead in Bowie; PG Cops offer big reward (17.9)
- Murder USA: Shawn Hunter gunned down his mother, say cops, she died at hospital (17.3)