DIRTBAG ROUNDUP: New DWI arrest launched a look at drug dealer Shaquone Anthony Johnson’s career highlights
LEONARDTOWN, MD. – The Leonardtown Barrack of the Maryland State Police reported the arrest of a motorist on Nov. 2, 2019, but this motorist is a minor celebrity in his hood and the Maryland prison system. Shaquone Anthony’s criminal career had one noticeable run of no arrests due to his residency in the big house on drug dealing charges. Now, Johnson is out of prison and back to dealing drugs and other criminal activity with the hapless taxpayers of Maryland providing him with free lawyers at every step of his career in crime.
The following is the batting score for this heathen with a penchant for dabbling in PCP, burglary, assault and impaired driving in Maryland.
• Shaquone Anthony Johnson, 30 (DOB 01/21/1989) of 101 Catalpa Drive, La Plata, Md., was arrested by Tfc D. Buckalew on Nov. 2, 2019, at 5:11 am as he operated a 2019 Hyundai on Md. Rt. 5 north of Mohawk Drive in Charlotte Hall, Md. Johnson might pay for his own booze, but the taxpayers of Maryland are deemed eligible to pick up the tab for his free lawyer when he goes to court on Dec. 11, 2019.
- Shaquone Anthony Johnson got a free attorney, paid for by the taxpayers, to arrange a plea deal with the Charles County States Attorney Tony Covington to get a charge of 4th-degree burglary put on the Stet Docket on Sept. 6, 2019.
- With yet another free attorney to be his mouthpiece, Shaquone Anthony Johnson got a plea deal on Aug. 7, 2019, from Charles County States Attorney Tony Covington for a charge of second-degree assault. THE DEAL: Johnson pleaded guilty to assault and a charge of sex offense was dropped, he was sentenced to three years in jail with all suspended but two days.
- Shaquone Anthony Johnson entered a guilty plea to driving without a license and picked up a 30-day suspended sentence in Charles County District Court – once again with a free attorney paid for by the hapless taxpayers of Maryland.
- Shaquone Anthony Johnson entered a guilty plea to theft in Charles County District Court on Aug. 7, 2019, and was sentenced to 90 days in jail with all but one day suspended.
- Shaquone Anthony Johnson entered a guilty plea to distribution of drugs on July 27, 2017, in a plea deal with Charles County States Attorney Tony Covington. THE DEAL: Johnson was sentenced to 18 months in Charles County Jail.
- Shaquone Anthony Johnson entered a guilty plea to possession with the intent to distribute PCP, a felony charge, in Charles County Circuit Court on Aug. 4, 2011, and in a plea deal was sentenced to eight years and six months in prison.