DWI HIT PARADE: TWICE IN ONE MONTH, JOSEPH AXZAVIS STEWART JR WAS BUSTED FOR DWI; BUILDING CAREER RECORD OF SIX DWI CONVICTIONS… OR MORE
LEONARDTOWN, MD – A man whose addiction to drugs and alcohol use while driving has yet to be either treated for his addiction or sent to dry out in the slammer to prevent him from wiping out innocent people on the highways. Over the years, Joseph Axzavis Stewart Jr has racked up at least seven DWI arrests in several Maryland jurisdictions with his two most recent DWI arrests occurring within one month.
Prosecutors in Maryland can exercise their discretion about the prosecution of charges and in the case of Maryland law, as strange and illogical as it may be, charges of driving while under the influence of alcohol and or drugs is a traffic offense, not a criminal violation. In the case of Joseph A. Stewart Jr., of Lexington Park, his DWI arrest record stretches back at least to 2007, and perhaps further.
Joseph Axzavis Stewart Jr., 41, (DOB 10/6/1979) of 46860 Hilton Drive #2913, Lexington Park, Md., was arrested for DWI-Drugs/Alcohol and that all-time favorite of driving without a driver’s permit which usually indicates that either the alleged miscreant has never had a permit or lost it in a prior DWI office. Stewart was arrested by St. Mary’s Sheriff’s Department Deputy Tyler Westphal on October 14, 2020, at 4:32 pm as he operated a 2006 Cadillac on Md. Rt. 235 in Hollywood, Md. The trial for this charge has been set for February 12, 2021, in St. Mary’s County District Court.
- Stewart was busted for DWI-alcohol on September 18, 2020, at 11:52 pm by Maryland State Trooper Jonathan Powis when he was stopped on North Shangri-la Drive in the heart of Lexington Park as he operated a 2019 Ford Fiesta. The court date for this DWI arrest is on February 2, 2021.
- Stewart’s hellion highway habits brought him more citations on August 27, 2020, when he was charged for an incident that took place nearly a year earlier on September 21, 2019. Stewart was charged with failing to remain at the scene of a crash involving bodily injury by Charles County Sheriff’s Department Patrol Officer B. Chambers. Stewart was charged with a dozen citations including failing to render aid to a person who was injured in the crash before he fled the scene. Stewart was operating a 2018 Chevy when he was involved in a wreck on Woodville Road in Brandywine, Md. La Plata attorney Hammad Shaikh Matin scares the daylights out of Charles County States Attorney Tony Covington and often gets good results for his clients. Matin has entered his appearance for Stewart in the crash case which is set for trial in Charles County District Court on November 23, 2020.
- Stewart entered a guilty plea to DWI-Alcohol on June 9, 2017, in St. Mary’s District Court in a plea deal with St. Mary’s States Attorney Richard Fritz. St. Mary’s Sheriff’s Department Deputy Taylore Nauman arrested Stewart on April 8, 2017, via citation after stopping his Lincoln on Midway Drive at Gambier Place in Lexington Park and was charged with fleeing from the Deputy by beating feet. The flatfoot was fleeter of feet than the miscreant who was cuffed, stuffed, and booked. Court records show he was committed to the St. Mary’s Jail on April 10, 2017.
- Stewart was arrested for DWI-Alcohol by St. Mary’s Sheriff’s Department Deputy David Potter on November 5, 2016, as he operated a 1996 Lincoln on Eric Road in the Queen Anne Park Apartments in Lexington Park, Md. On March 22, 2017, Stewart entered a guilty plea to DWI in a plea deal with St. Mary’s States Attorney Richard Fritz that resulted in one year in jail as his sentence. Attorney Joseph F. Vallario the Third of Suitland greased the legal skids in the plea deal with Fritz. Taxpayers of Maryland will be delighted to know that this dirtbag who routinely takes their lives in his intoxicated hands, paid for his free attorney Amber Lynn Wetzel, who assisted in this case.
- Joseph A Stewart Jr. was arrested by Maryland State Trooper Christopher Ditoto on September 10, 2016, and on March 22, 2017, in combination with another DWI charge, Stewart pleaded guilty to DWI and was sentenced to 45 days in jail.
- Arrested for DWI by Calvert Sheriff’s Department Deputy T. Mohler on February 6, 2016, Joseph A. Stewart Jr. entered a guilty plea to DWI in a plea deal with Calvert States Attorney Laura Martin on July 8, 2016, and was rewarded with a verdict of Probation Before Judgement.
- Joseph A. Stewart Jr. was operating a 2003 Ford southbound on MD Rt. 4 at when he was stopped by Calvert Sheriff’s Department Deputy Mark Robshaw and charged with DWI. In a plea deal with the Calvert States Attorney Laura Martin, Stewart entered a guilty plea to DWI on June 11, 2009.
- Charged by St. Mary’s Sheriff’s Department Deputy Cindy Allen on December 19, 2007, with DWI, Joseph A. Stewart Jr. on August 1, 2008, entered a guilty plea to DWI in St. Mary’s Circuit Court and was sentenced to 31 days in the Hotel St. Mary’s.
- On December 15, 2006, Joseph A. Stewart Jr entered a guilty plea to felony possession with the intent to distribute drugs in Charles County Circuit Court and was sentenced to 180 days in jail.